1. The new Bridget Jones book, Mad About The Boy… I LOVE it! It occurred to me that I’d only ever read the first Bridget Jones book years ago, and I’d never read the sequel, so I tried to read the first two books in preparation for this latest one. Unfortunately, I got a bit stuck halfway through Edge of Reason, but I decided in the end to go ahead and read Mad About The Boy anyway (mainly because I’d already bought the book). But I’m so glad I did. Even though Bridget is in such a different place in life, Fielding still get’s Bridget’s narrative voice spot-on. After the revelation about Mark Darcy, I couldn’t see how this book would move forward, but the situation is handled amazingly, and there’s a suitably happy, bubbly ending. Just a brilliant, all-round read!
2. My new Just Fab boots! I know they already featured in a post, but they are one of my favourite things this week! I’ve even just bought some nicer socks to wear with them, so I don’t have to show my space invader/panda/Minnie Mouse socks through the cute cut-out bits on the sides!
3. Chicken risotto – it’s insanely easy to make (even I can do it), it doesn’t have to have anything I don’t like in it, and it tastes amazing. What’s not to love?? (Unless, of course, you’re a vegetarian. In which case, you can ignore this one!)
4. Barry the Berry! I know it’s not really aimed at my age group, but I really liked Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 – sad, i know. But this was definitely helped by the cuteness of he little talking strawberry, Barry! N-woooooo 🙂
5. Deleting all of my gaming apps. I know this isn’t exactly a thing, or an object, but it’s one of the best things I’ve done this week. I’m not a ‘gamer’ as such, but I love games like Candy Crush, Angry Birds, and even, dare I say it, Bubble Witch. I tend to play them when I’m taking a break, when I’m bored, or generally when I haven’t got anything that I absolutely have to be doing. I also tended to play straight before I went to sleep, which wasn’t a good idea because I got annoyed when I lost, and it was putting me in a bad mood before trying to sleep. Now, I’m starting to see a slight increase in mow much I get done, and I’m less annoyed generally. Win-win situation!