Before my recent holiday (photos to follow), I went on a tiny bit of a shopping spree. Because of course I needed lots of new stuff just to go on a 10 day holiday. Obvs. Anyway, here are my favourite summer buys from that, fresh back from holiday.
1. I fell in love with this gorgeous Topshop tee. It’s a bit of a crazy print, but it goes with almost anything. It’s a really light fabric and it’s a great length, short enough but not too short so that I have to wear something ridiculously high-waisted to cover up my tummy.
2. This playsuit was an impulse buy from New Look. I’ve always been pretty dubious about playsuits, because they have the unfortunate quality of making my bum look even bigger than it already is (quite an impressive feat). But this loose denim number is surprisingly flattering, and even manages to be fairly comfortable at the same time.
3. I LOVE this little blue bag, also from New Look (surprisingly on trend at the moment). I’ve been wanting a little bag like this since forever, and this one’s perfect!
4. I’ve put all of these necklaces as one buy, mainly because I bought them all in a bit of a statement necklace frenzy. I don’t know why, but I’ve never been a fan of the statement necklace, and the only nice ones tend to be really expensive, so these are a first for me, but I’ve been wearing them with everything!
5. These little brown sandals were perfect for going to dinner in the evenings on holiday. It’s not so clear in the pictures, but they have a great sized heel, just enough to make my legs look a bit skinnier but not too high. One again, a New Look buy.
6. As are these slip ons. Although they’re basically fake Birkenstocks – I’d love a pair of real ones – they look the part and are a great alternative to flip flops.
7. This patterned dress is one of my favourite new buys. It was really cheap from H&M (and looks quite a bit better on). This dress is so thin and cool, it was another perfect item for holiday.
8. My only new bikini this year (although it does join my other 6…), this was in the sale in River Island. It’s really flattering, and I actually think I ended up wearing it more than most of my others.
9. This little black vest from Topshop was basically just using up a voucher I had, but it was great for the beach and thrown on over a bikini. I also love the scalloped neckline, it makes it a bit more than a plain black vest.
10. I went through a small phase of buying scrunchies, and these two were suitably summery. They’re great for throwing hair up in a messy bun at the beach, which I’m obviously in need of with my unruly frizzy mop of hair. The earrings here I’ve added because I think they’re gorgeous, Accessorize at it’s very best.