Firstly, my apologies for this post getting later and later each week! Will try to get it done at the start of every week. Secondly, I’ve just been shopping today (again, I know), but I’ll save everything from today’s haul for next week, or a separate post, because I’ve already got this one sorted. Thirdly, please note that I am now at home for an extended period of 3 weeks (shock horror), meaning that I will be doing even less than I was before (if that’s possible), and also that I will be slightly more grumpy. Haha. But here’s my favourite things from the past week to cheer us all up. I hope 🙂
1. Philadelphia cheese with Garlic & Herbs – yum. I know this isn’t exactly a revelation, and my mum’s been buying Philadelphia for years and years, but this is a new discovery for me – I’m sure you’re aware that I’m not the most adventurous eater around. This is so great on bagels (which I’ve always loved for their ability to complement butter and strawberry jam so well), especially with one of last weeks favourites, prosciutto. But I did make the mistake of going a bit too crazy with this the first time I tried it, which was quite frankly disgusting. So all in moderation.
2. MAOAMs – I know, again, something which has been around for ages. But I’m a massive Big Bang Theory fan, and MAOAMs sponsor BBT on E4. I’ve been spending a LOT of time watching TV in the day over the past few months, and I’ve gradually worked up a massive craving for these sweets from watching Big Bang Theory 3 or 4 times a day. It’s sad that the adverts are actually working, but YUM!
3. My latest New Look bag. I know it’s in the last post, but it’s definitely one of my favourite things from this week. I really really love it, even though I was terrified of the unsuspected pinkness of it at first. My maternal grandmother, who is now resident in the US, is massively into brightly coloured clothing (this isn’t as strange as it sounds, she’s actually a very young grandma), and I’m scared that I’m catching her taste in fashion. BUT, I’ve come to the conclusion that the bag is okay, as long as it’s only used with muted clothes and accessories. Phew!
4. Location Location Location, the television programme, has become my all-time favourite daytime TV must-watch. A lot of you will think this is really sad, but it’s something that I’ve come to accept. They show about 3 episodes a day on the channel 4Seven, and some on Channel 4 in the morning, and I’m sorry to say that it’s got to the point where I start watching ones and realise that I’ve already seen them. I know. Utterly tragic. But seriously, Kirstie and Phil, dream team??!
5. Sparkly nails (aka Rimmel Space Dust in 006 Moon Walking) – I got this nail polish months ago and was too scared to wear it over the summer (you know, pastels, brights, etc etc), but this week I thought, I’m not going anywhere, I’ve got loads of time, let’s try it. And it’s gorgeous! It’s really textured, it kind of needs a top coat but I didn’t have one with me so they’re staying as they are. It’s dried perfectly, so even with my quite seriously awful nail painting, they look almost professional (only almost). It’s not something I would wear all the time, but come winter I’ll definitely be wearing this again for party season!