I’ve hated my hair for as long as I remember. If I wear it up, it falls out of the style constantly and gives me a frizzy halo around my head. If I wear it down, it’s thick and frizzy, goes everywhere, and gets on everything. The few things that I’ve found that really work, and the products which I’ve been enjoying using on my hair lately, are here for any of you with similar hair problems to tackle, or just t het ideas for some recommended, useful hair products.
- John Frieda Frizz Ease Serum – This stuff is awesome! I apply it all over my hair (not too much at the roots) when I’ve blow-dried but my hair’s still slightly damp. It seems to calm my hair a bit, and definitely makes it softer.
- Garnier Ultimate Blends The Sleek Restorer Oil – Smells of chocolate, and makes ends sleek, soft, and nourished. A perfect not-too-oily oil.
- OGX Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Weightless Reviving Dry Oil – Phew, longest name ever! Being a dry oil, I like to spray this over ends and sometimes lengths to just create soft hair with a slight shine. This is great for using on dry hair when it just needs calming down a bit!
- Tresemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Foam – This is a bit of an odd one for someone whose hair already had more than enough volume via frizz, but because my hair’s so long, the weight of it actually makes it really flat at the top. I scrunch this into roots when my hair’s damp and it really does add a bit f extra volume there for a day or two.
- Batiste Texturising Spray – From Batiste’s new range of styling products, this is by far my favourite. It’s essentially dry shampoo with the stickiness and white residue. Gives a decent amount of volume to roots, very easy to use. A winner in my book!
- Aussie 3-Minute Miracle treatments – These smell sooooooo good. I use these after shampoo and conditioner, and they just make my hair super soft and easier to style post-wash.
- Tresemmé Keratin Smooth Deep Treatment Masque – This works similarly to the Aussie treatments, although this is thicker and more nourishing. This is my go-to treatment, and I actually use tis every time I wash my hair, either instead of or as well as conditioner.
- Tresemmé Deep Cleansing Shampoo and Moisture Rich Conditioner – I find that these two together give my hair a good clean (I only tend to wash my hair a couple of times a week), then put lots of moisture back into it. And they smell pretty great too!
- Pantene conditioners – Despite expressing my love for everything Tresemme, I have always used Pantene conditioners. At home, they were just what my mum bought for her, so I used them too. I’d totally recommend them as a reliable, hard-working conditioner which, although not overly impressive, gets the job done with difficult hair types.
- John Frieda Frizz Ease Miraculous Recovery Intensive Masque – Another ‘masque’, this is super similar to the Tresemme one. It’s just the slightest bit less thick, so better for using alongside a conditioner, rather than instead of.
- Tresemme Platinum Strength Leave In Conditioner – This stuff is just genuinely nice. I don’t know exactly what it does, but it smells good, and just makes my hair generally easier to manage between washes.
So, I hope you’ve enjoyed that little journey through my favourite hair products for my long and frizzy hair. Every product here comes highly recommended from me, and all are reasonably priced, so I wouldn’t hesitate to try any of them out!